Re: tubecoil

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Vladi,

Tube coils will always be cool!  I personally lost interest because
the SSTC stuff is new and i actually understand it better.  I did have
plans to make a VTTC with a nice feedback based grid driver (solid
state) so that i could control duty cycle and other things, but simply
didnt get the motivation yet.  The pair of 833Cs still happily sit in
my closet waiting for some abuse ;-).  Its summer now, time to make
loud noise while i can work out in the garage, or at least have the
windows open to vent the ozone.  I reserve tube coil work for winter
time when i cant work outside and i need low noise and low ozone
output.  So maybe next winter i will look at that project again.

Steve