[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Primary Frustration!
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: RE: Primary Frustration!
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:49:23 -0600
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Old-return-path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:51:43 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <2QAY9B.A.SlE.N6bXCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: "Daniel Koll" <dk_spl_audio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I finally got it done. The reason I wanted to hold it in place before I
wound was to makes sure that the diameter of the circles would
perfect. The coil "pulled in" harder and harder as the more I wound. I
ended up having to cut 45* wood braces and plexi braces (went against the
secondary and the primary supports) to hold that thing put. I couldn't
believe how much force it had wanting to shift, pull in, or move. I also
couldn't get the tubing to go down the hole that I drilled, I ended up
having to cut it short. I will have to come up with a way to bring a
conductor up through the hole and attach to the primary. Here is a link to
a pic, not the best but I am pleased seeing as this is my first coil.
From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Primary Frustration!
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:21:18 -0600
Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>
When I made mine I drilled the holes 17/64 for the 1/4 tube because of
the radius a 1/4 hole is too small but the .016 gives enough extra and I
did not try to hold the supports in place until after the tube was in
place , also I drilled and tapped a 6-32 hole in the lower edge of each
support , the gave me a place to bolt the support to the plywood base.
Subject: Re: Primary Frustration!
Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"Well, the epoxy broke off too. I am getting really upset, kind of
how much time I have spent doing this. I am now trying Gorilla Glue,
hopefully that will do it. If it doesn't then I am going to have to use
hardware of some sort to mount it. I have yet to see Gorilla Glue fail
anywhere so I think it should be good.
Also, I wound a few turns before the epoxy broke and it was really easy,
drilling the next size up really helped, thanks!"
Hot melt glue would probably work; it's not pretty but sure