[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Primary Frustration!
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: RE: Primary Frustration!
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:21:18 -0600
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old-return-path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:23:46 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <-_a-zD.A.5oE.uvZXCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>
When I made mine I drilled the holes 17/64 for the 1/4 tube because of
the radius a 1/4 hole is too small but the .016 gives enough extra and I
did not try to hold the supports in place until after the tube was in
place , also I drilled and tapped a 6-32 hole in the lower edge of each
support , the gave me a place to bolt the support to the plywood base.
Subject: Re: Primary Frustration!
Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"Well, the epoxy broke off too. I am getting really upset, kind of
how much time I have spent doing this. I am now trying Gorilla Glue,
hopefully that will do it. If it doesn't then I am going to have to use
hardware of some sort to mount it. I have yet to see Gorilla Glue fail
anywhere so I think it should be good.
Also, I wound a few turns before the epoxy broke and it was really easy,
drilling the next size up really helped, thanks!"
Hot melt glue would probably work; it's not pretty but sure