Re: Plane wave antenna making

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

Terry:

We will use a Tek HV probe on the first stage to get an accurate potential
measurement, and then can take plane antenna measurements up to 270 kV so we
can test the linearity of this method for you.

We will take direct readings up to 30 kV DC on our scope and then calibrate
the plane antenna to check linearity.

Hopefully, with no distortion using this method, we will get accurate
calibrations.  I can also do a direct calibration with it at UW Madison
where I went to school as they have a 200 kV HV DC supply as well.  And it's
precisely calibrated to a meter as they are using it for nuclear research.

I could also test it against a field mill generating meter with my friends
at National Electrostatic in Middleton, WI, and they calibrate up to 35 MEV
for their pelletrons.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.