[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Power Factor Cap

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 5/8/02 4:17:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

> Hello,
> I see that people are specifying "dry film" caps for the power factor
> correction cap and 
> all I can find are oil filled.
> Where can I find a source for dry film?
> Thanks.
> Don


You want what are known as motor run caps.  These are usually in a metal, oval
shapped can and may have oil in them.  They will be rated for AC continuous
duty.  Do not use the plastic motor start caps that are rated like 40 - 60
mfd.  They are for intermittent use only.

Ed Sonderman