[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: Malfunctioning MOT

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hello Centauri

Maybe you have one wall plug lead connected to a MOT primary terminal and
the other connected to a MOT filament terminal. But if that were the case,
how would they buzz? I have never encounted a bad MOT amongst my "mountain"
of MOTs.  

Godfrey Loudner  

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Tesla list [SMTP:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
> Sent:	Wednesday, May 01, 2002 11:03 PM
> To:	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject:	Malfunctioning MOT
> Original poster: "centauri by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <centauri010-at-attbi-dot-com>
> I recently pulled 2 mot's out of 2 old microwaves. They both buzz when
> plugged
> in, but on one my multimeter says is running at 500v and the other one I
> can't
> even get a reading. I can't get the second one to even light up a LED and
> I
> haven't been successful in getting either to run anything. Any idea what
> could
> be wrong?