salts and arcs

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Today i put a small blob of wet table salt on top of my small VTTC (which is
looking ok lately).  The arcs were awesome looking!  Very bright orange and
a tad longer than usual.  The base was totally orange, and there was specs
of orange throughout the rest of the short 3.5 " arc.  I wonder how this
would look on my big coil throwing 2.5 foot orange arcs.  The display is
really brilliant!  Everyone ouht to try it if they can control thier coil to
a 6" arc, or if not watch the lightning from afar( i reccomend small because
then you can touch it and such).  I remember seeing this before on the
internet but i didnt realise how amazing it really is!  Now go out and do
it!!

Anyone have any other common chemicals that they know of that do this type
of thing?  I want to try some mixtures of different things.  Its kinda like
fireworks for the TC.  Have fun and try this.

Steve Ward