Re: book

Hi Matt,

I was thinking about this a lot today too.

I think this whole subject of Tesla coil building has sort of gotten bigger
than a single "book" can hold.  It is more like a college degree thing in
which you have to spend a lot of time studying all sorts of different
aspects of it.  Secondary theory, materials, gaps, capacitors, ect. could
each fill a small book all by themselves.

I too was thinking of an open web server that anyone could upload their
contributions too.  However, it seems like it would be a giant tree of
subjects that may just get to be "too" big...  I have like 20 gig of web
space (another 100 gig is like only $200 bucks more :-))).  I can easily
configure it for uploading, write only, and all that but I just can figure
out a reasonable "structure" to it all.  Such a site could easily be backed
up and mirrored on CD-rom for safe keeping...  There are many fine web
pages now that explain the basics but something anyone could contribute too
without being restricted much by fancy formats or anything would be really
nice.  Sort of like an "organized vault" anyone could stick stuff in for
all eternity...

I look at the information at:

http://www.funet.fi/pub/sci/electrical/tesla/

and wonder if it could all be made easier and more usable...  One could put
a massive web page thing behind it all but that would take a ton of time to
make and maintain.

The pupman archives are very good but if you search for say "primary coil"
you get 13,100 hits!!  That would fill five books right there...

So I'm still thinking...

Cheers,

	Terry