Re: book

I like the idea of a book. I have printed and placed in 8 ea 3 in binders
the subjects I like best having rejected all of no value like " happy new
year " postings. With the few postings I have, just how can you make a book
????. I bet you have enough to fill a box of 50 CD disks after you separate
it into subjects. Do it if you can, Just tell me the cost of the CD's. The
job is beyond what an old man can do. So get to it kids, go go go
  Robert  H

> From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 20:33:29 -0700
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: book

> Hi Matt,
>
> I was thinking about this a lot today too.
>
> I think this whole subject of Tesla coil building has sort of gotten bigger
> than a single "book" can hold.  It is more like a college degree thing in
> which you have to spend a lot of time studying all sorts of different
> aspects of it.  Secondary theory, materials, gaps, capacitors, ect. could
> each fill a small book all by themselves.
>
> I too was thinking of an open web server that anyone could upload their
> contributions too.  However, it seems like it would be a giant tree of
> subjects that may just get to be "too" big...  I have like 20 gig of web
> space (another 100 gig is like only $200 bucks more :-))).  I can easily
> configure it for uploading, write only, and all that but I just can figure
> out a reasonable "structure" to it all.  Such a site could easily be backed
> up and mirrored on CD-rom for safe keeping...  There are many fine web
> pages now that explain the basics but something anyone could contribute too
> without being restricted much by fancy formats or anything would be really
> nice.  Sort of like an "organized vault" anyone could stick stuff in for
> all eternity...
>
> I look at the information at:
>
> http://www.funet.fi/pub/sci/electrical/tesla/
>
> and wonder if it could all be made easier and more usable...  One could put
> a massive web page thing behind it all but that would take a ton of time to
> make and maintain.
>
> The pupman archives are very good but if you search for say "primary coil"
> you get 13,100 hits!!  That would fill five books right there...
>
> So I'm still thinking...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Terry
>
> At 06:45 PM 1/3/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>>> I have been thinking of an online book sort of a thing but still
>>> thinking...
>>> Cheers,