Re: flat coil ?

Original poster: "Chris Swinson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <exxos-at-cps-games.co.uk>

Hi Bart,

> To sum your coil measurements:
> Outer Diam. = 45"
> Inner Diam. = 2"
> Wire Diam. = 0.063"
> Turns = 316
> Inductance = 44mH

Yes that is about it I think, R was 5.2R as I posted a little while ago.

> I ran Acmi and it plays to the tune of 43.35mH. That fairs well with your
> 44mH measurement and is
> probably well within meter tolerances and program error. That 2" in the
> center does make a difference.
> R showed 1.28ohms. As Paul mentioned, it would be nice to measure R when
> you get a chance after
> coating. We've had some issues with R and it would be good to get your
data
> on that as well. Might even
> be nice to give a temp reading as temperature affects R and the program
can
> account for temperature of
> the windings.

When its all done I will take readings again.

> Great job! The weights should work fine for coating. This is the method
> Dave uses when he's coating his
> flat coils and it works for him.

One thing I did think about afterwards is to place some plastic over the
coil around the transformers which I am using as weights, For the simple
fact if they fall over it will bash the windings ont he flat coil and could
easily waste hours of work.  When its all finished up I will try to take a
shot on my web cam :)

Cheers,
Chris