From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2002 3:30 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: flat coil ?

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Chris,

To sum your coil measurements:
Outer Diam. = 45"
Inner Diam. = 2"
Wire Diam. = 0.063"
Turns = 316
Inductance = 44mH

I ran Acmi and it plays to the tune of 43.35mH. That fairs well with your
44mH measurement and is
probably well within meter tolerances and program error. That 2" in the
center does make a difference.
R showed 1.28ohms. As Paul mentioned, it would be nice to measure R when
you get a chance after
coating. We've had some issues with R and it would be good to get your data
on that as well. Might even
be nice to give a temp reading as temperature affects R and the program can
account for temperature of
the windings.

Great job! The weights should work fine for coating. This is the method
Dave uses when he's coating his
flat coils and it works for him.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Chris Swinson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <exxos-at-cps-games.co.uk>