Re: Back on the list after a few years

Hi Rob,

Welcome back :-)

Post to the Tesla list should be sent to:

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

so you did it just right :-)

As you increase the voltage, the FET will tend to get hotter and hotter so
keep an eye on it.  Although your voltage is low, it sometimes helps to put
about a 50 ohm resistor in the gate lead to slow the FET just a little so
high current turn ons don't hurt it, but I think you are safe in any case
at low voltage.  Lots of people are experimenting with smaller FET coils
these days so you should have plenty of "advice" ;-)

You EM project is really neat too!

Cheers,

	Terry