Re: Center Tap Ground

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/27/02 3:04:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> I keep changing my mind about what to do with the center tap on a NST or
> bank of MOT’s.
> I used to connect this point to the supply earth, but later learned that the
> transformer C.T. should go to R.F. ground, which I now use. Of late I have
> herd the opinion that the CT should not be connected to any earth/ ground
> and it is an unsafe practice to do so.
> Any consensus on this?
>
> I keep changing my mind about what to do with the center tap on a NST or
> bank of MOT’s.
> I used to connect this point to the supply earth, but later learned that the
> transformer C.T. should go to R.F. ground, which I now use. Of late I have
> herd the opinion that the CT should not be connected to any earth/ ground
> and it is an unsafe practice to do so.
> Any consensus on this?
> Thanks
>
> Paul A

This topic has been disputed so much, search the archives. I think it is almost
totally a matter of oppinion. I ground the CT to my RF ground network, and no
problems here. IMO, all HV parts ground to RF ground, 120/240's go to 3rd wire
ground....
Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon