Re: Back on the list after a few years

Hi Rob,

I guess you know far more about that stuff than I do ;-))

You should check out the recent new work by Paul Nicholson on secondary
theory and modeling:

http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/

Especially the paper at:

http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/pn2511.html

He uses Linux and such to do some pretty nice scientific modeling for Tesla
coils.  I used Cygwin to run his programs under Windows but now I have a
Sun that can run it all native.

Right now we are looking at the effects of weather on secondary coils:

http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/tcma/

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/bob/qvar/results/expt4/index.html

Its pretty neat stuff!  Paul did all the software and theory and I "try" to
keep the experiments running.  More info at:

http://www.pupman-dot-com/listarchives/2002/April/msg00039.html

Cheers,

	Terry