From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 9:09 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: smoking capacitors

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<HIGHWYRUNNER17-at-aol-dot-com>

I have built a small tesla coil for my physics class at school and I
have a
salt water pop bottle capacitors and the mineral oil has leaked out of
the
pop bottles and I have changed the salt water in the tank and resealed
the
bottles but there still is smoke coming off them. What should I do to
get rid
of the smoking, and is there suppose to be little sparks in the
bottles where
the mineral oil and the salt water meet?