Re: smoking capacitors

WHOISIT:  CLEAN YOUR GLASS WELL. I USE TITANIUM WELDING RODS AS CONDUCTOR
WIRE, SALT DOSENT EAT TITANIUM. EVEN PLATINUM IS SLOWLY DISOLVED BY SALT
WATER. PUT YOUR WIRE ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTEM OF THE BOTTLES. THIS SHOULD
STOP YOUR OIL/SALT ARC PROBLEM. IF YOU USE COPPER OR BRASS WIRE INSULATE
YOUR WIRE WHERE THE OIL/AIR/SALT CONTACT LINE FORMS AT THE TOP.
  ROBERT  H