Re: FIRST LIGHT

Hi Vince,

The voltage standoff spacing between the two adjacent turns and screw is
too close. Charges are
developing between these turns and the screw, thus arcing. Simply increase
the proximity between
turns and screw. Here's what I use:

I get a thin copper tubing strap (hardware store) and flatten it out with a
hammer, drill a hole on
each end, wrap it around the tubing, put a screw through the two drilled
holes, and tighten.
Obviously, the drilled hole distance must be right to provide a nice tight
fit. This keeps the
screw to adjacent turns far enough away to prevent problems. Cost is a
penny or two.

Here's a photo of one of my primary's with this simple clamp. Look at
bottom-right.
http://www.classictesla-dot-com/temp/clamp.jpg

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Vince D'Amore by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-teslafx-dot-com>