smoking capacitors

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <HIGHWYRUNNER17-at-aol-dot-com>

I have built a small tesla coil for my physics class at school and I have a
salt water pop bottle capacitors and the mineral oil has leaked out of the
pop bottles and I have changed the salt water in the tank and resealed the
bottles but there still is smoke coming off them. What should I do to get rid
of the smoking, and is there suppose to be little sparks in the bottles where
the mineral oil and the salt water meet?