Re: 'Nother First Light, but........(ok!)

Hi Erik,

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Erik Byng by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<e_byng-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> Well, there goes "low" power testing/tuning.
> *darn*
> :-)
> Thanks Ya'll.
>
> Erik
> p.s.  Barton, using that 5-6 turn tap to compensate for the cap, wouldnt you
> still need to adjust the gap to match the cap/coil??

Most likely. The gap you are using should be adjusted for the votlage
potential you want to
conduct at regardless of how long it takes to charge it. Often, coilers
will open up the gap too
wide, thus, increasing the voltage conduction potential. Caps that can't
handle the potential
get dead quick. The reason I said "most likely" is you may have it set for
the correct potential
already. I haven't ran a static gap in quite some time, but many others do.
It might be a good
idea for you to ask the list for an approximate total gap spacing (for
those coilers running
very near to your setup).

Best of luck,
Bart