Re: MMCs for sale

>Original poster: "Mike Novak by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><acmnovak-at-email.msn-dot-com>
>
>Neil,
>I only have 6 strings left. Sorry.
>However they will work with a stationary gap, for a 10" coil it would not
>be
>recommended.
>
>-Mike

I have an infinate supply :) The Geek Group sells MMC caps (and MANY other
goodies, some coiling, some not) for sale on it's sales page. Check
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org for details. On the left is a vertical row of buttons,
click SALES :)

btw, I'l COMPLETELY sold out of the 14.4kv 1.5kVA PTs, sorry guys, I'll have
more in a few weeks. I DO have some new things.

1. FUSES! BIG MANLY ones, like over a meter long!

15 x buss fuses - there is one set doubled up, and one tripled up, all are
in excellent condition:
   362E Amps
   4.8kv nominal
   Interrupt rating 250MVA
   Curve# 200-502A
   Part# 427574
   Made in England by the EMP Electric Compnay Limited

2 x 14.4kV nominal (15.5kV max) in very good condition (we're working on
acquiring about 4 more)
   type SM PowerFuse
   200E amps
   SM-4  fuse unit
   Cat #: 86082
   Made by S&C Electric Company

3 x 46kV fuses - 2 in very good condition, one in acceptable condition,
maunf date 4/92:
   SMD-2C fuse unit
   Std. speed    TCC 153-1
   200E  amps
   cat no: 465200R3
   Made by the S&C Electric Company

circuit breakers (600V, 3phase), all in good condition:
   Federal Pacific Electric Company
   Cat #: HM631000R
   P/N: Y20814W
   600A x 2
   800A x 1
   400A x 4
   1 unknown amperage (assumed 400A)

I also have what is quite possibly the weirdest thing we've ever had a
supply of. Air Raid Sirens! The perfect gift for grandkids! I have them in
various sizes up to the largest made for use in the US :) I've only got 2,
and I'm keeping one of them (for the roof of Sigma-6, the neighbors will
LOVE me now, lol). Smaller ones are in 120 to 240, though I have access to
some big ones that spin at 480-3PH. IF youre interested, let me know :)

btw, the big one weighs over 350lbs, stands 5' tall, has a 7.5HP 240V-1PH
motor, and has only been spun to about 30% power with the megaphones
attached because I feared for my lab windows :)

Anyone got a dB meter that will read over 140dB (either A or C weighted)?
Ours doesn't go NEAR high enough, lol.

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek