Re: streamer length = volts ?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/20/01 9:43:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "hoggwild89 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <
> hoggwild89-at-netzero-dot-net>
>
> Drawing an arc x inches off the secondary...equals xxxx volts per inch ???
>

> Whats the formula ??

Hi!

There is a relationship that has been studied. I believe some results are
somewhere in the volumes of wonderful stuff on Terry's site. The immediate
problem with any formula, is that it varies with temperature, humidity, air
pressure, pollution level, air movement, pollen count etc. Others may have a
more definite answer.

Matt D.