RE: strange coil behavior

Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Garry-at-NDFC-dot-com>

>the only thing i can think of is that the little loops or small coil
maybe makes a little "choke" that inhibits hf actions?
anyone have any thoughts on this?
simple inspection,
marc

Snip!

This is very interesting. I have a coil I bought from www.sciencefirst-dot-com
and it only produces sparks of an inch and a half in length and it has the
same thing as you describe (Two ajascent holes where the secondary windings
wrap through these holes several times). I think I will give this a try and
remove this little "mini-choke" and see if the performance increases. If it
does, I think I shall email science first and advise them of your findings
and my results. I bet they would be pleased to hear of this.