[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: UK Pole Xfmr Question

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Gregory R. Hunter" <ghunter-at-enterprise-dot-net>
>
> While preparing my 5KVA pole pig for shipment to the US, I realized I don't
> know enough about it.  It has six external ceramic insulators--four for
> 240V and two for 11KV.  Why does it have four 240V bushings?  should I use
> two on the same side, or one from each side, or all four somehow?  Anyone
> who understands how to properly connect this thing to 240V please respond
> on or off list.  Many thanks.

    The 4 smaller terminals are for the 240V and the + and - 5% taps, normally
you should connect one from each side ( I use a1 and a4 as this gives the
highest output voltage). The faceplate should give details of which
connections
are for what taps.

--
*Stephen Rodway             Legion-at-Bigfoot-dot-com *  Support your local *
*Tel. 01761 300615                             *     coroner....     *