[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Free Toroid

If anyone is interested I have a toroid that I will give to the first person
that asks for it.  If someone is willing to pay the postage I will send it
to them.

I have 14 industrial Metal Halide Multi Vapor Lamps.  Lamps measure 4.5"
diameter by 10.5" long with a metal screw in base. I made a toroid with 8 of
them.  I wrapped some 1/4" copper tubing around a 1 gallon paint can and
soldered the ends together to make a donut shape.  Soldered 8 light bulbs to
the copper ring.  The light bulbs were arranged like spokes on a wheel.  I
set this toroid on top of my TC and tried it out.

All the light bulbs on the toroid glow blue like a plasma globe with several
internal sparks.  The light bulbs have discharge sparks exactly like a metal
toroid.  Its interesting and different.  I get 54" sparks from it with 1300
watts.

I dissambled my light bulb toroid because I needed the space.  The light
bulbs take up space in my very small over crouded shop. Decided to trash the
light bulbs but thought someone on the TC list might like to have them.

Gary Weaver

<<<<Please contact Gary off list at: gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net  about these
items.  - Terry >>>>