[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Oops ? To A.C Kuntz Oops ? To A.C Kuntz

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
>
> to: AC
>
> Yes, you could design an inductor to do it all without the resistor.  Just
> add approx $800.00 per unit for all the extra silicon steel laser cut core
> material you will be buying.  As for us, we prefer the $10.00 resistor --
> it works just fine when used precisely as I have described.
>
> DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

Greetings D.C.

Lincoln Electric Company designed my inductors (AC-225-S arc welders)
and I bought them for $189.95 each. They have a wide range of variable
inductance and I have 2 of them operating in parallel with my current
Tesla coil power supply cabinet which will supply from 10 to 125 amps. I
use NO resistors of any type with this system, just the welders. Did you
detect any operating problems with either my magnifier or the twin coil
when you visited my lab during the Teslathon last year? In fact, I have
been using Lincoln arc welders for inductive ballast for almost 10 years
on a wide variety of coil systems from tabletop to my current magnifier
system and have experienced zero problems with them to date. I find the
welders to be smooth, easily adjustable and reliable. They do it all for
me.

Ed Wingate RATCB