[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Terry's GM HEI Coil

Why not use an "electronic ignition module" already designed for the coil.
Use a magnetic pickup for the triggering. Kind of a hybrid rsg for the GM
coil. Basically, just fins which are parallel with each electrode passing a
magnetic pickup. If I were to do this, I would just build a small disk with
4 fixed fins on the ends and slide it next to an existing rsg, then rotate
the small disk for fin to electrode alignment. Build in a mount for a
magnetic pickup and adjust the fin distance to the pickup for same
amplitude. Run the signal to the ignition module and drive the coil.

Bart