[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Terry's GM HEI Coil Update

>Original Poster: Scott Stephens <Scott2-at-mediaone-dot-net>
>
>At 06:37 AM 11/18/98 -0700, you wrote:
>
>>Original Poster: Terry Fritz <terryf-at-verinet-dot-com>

>>Positive voltages
>>appear to be able to jump 50% further than negative voltages from this
>>test.  This is a very profound demonstration and the implications are far
>>reaching!

    Check your power supply circuit, it may be using a negative ground, and
you could be looking at a ground through a small resistance to ground
situation.  Which would cut current throught the primary when you fired
through it.  If the core has be recieving a DC voltage for a long time it
may be magnetized, which can also cause off center pulsed outputs.  I have
magnetized cores myself, I just found a MOSFET H circuit which allows a true
AC to be generated from either a positive, or a negative  power supply
without a requirement for split supply for the opposing 180 degrees of a
square wave..  It takes awhile but I use solid state.