[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Beginner's Tesla coil -First Light!

Hi ...

Before starting on Tesla coils I also used two ignition coils wired
antiparallel driven by a SCR from a 2 uF high voltage cap. I didn't
use any triggering, just let the voltage build up until the SCR fired.

I could get 5" sparks regularly, but much beyond that the coils would
self destruct after a while.

I found the coils I was using resonated at 4 kHz, and if I got them
firing at that rate they would produce a fat green arc, at least until
they started swelling from internal pressure.

LR