[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

First Coil Works --Tuning Help

Last night I finally got some output from my coil...  A 1/2 inch spark --to
a grounded target. Definately     NOT the best performence for a six-inch
coil running on 1.5kVA! I figure I really need some tweaking help.

This is my current setup:

Two 15kV, 60mA Neons in parallel
A lossy salt water cap (made from a gallon glass jug, I have 4 smaller
ones)
A single, static gap. about 1/2 to 3/4 inch space --the spark was sorta
erratic and bluish...
An 8 turn primary coil --my coilform can handle up to 14 turns
Finally, I use a toroid about 14" in diameter. 4" sewer pipe. I have a
larger one as well.

I'm willing to do pretty much anything to the setup to get good results, I
know this isn't a good way of running now --more primary turns?
Anyway, I'll appreciate ANY help.

Adam
KF4ZVW