[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Continued Problems (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 08:41:57 -0700
From: Jim Lux <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Continued Problems (fwd)

-at- 71 kV/inch for uniform field,  5/8" inches would be about 40 kV

In a sphere gap, with 5 cm spheres, 1 cm corresponds to 32 kV, and 1.5 cm
(0.59 inches) corresponds to 45.5 kV, 2 cm (0.787 inches) corresponds to 58
kV. That's the crest voltage, so RMS would be .707 times that.

For a rod gap ( 5/8" square rods) 2 cm is 26 kV, 4 cm is 47 kV, 6 cm is 62
kV.

more at: http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~jimlux/hv/spherev.htm
or: http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~jimlux/hv/rodv.htm