[Home][2023 Index] [TCML] Re: VTTC Tank Caps [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Re: VTTC Tank Caps

Hi Calvin and all,

I want to add with this MMC "talk" here is that actually inside the cases
of one these larger mica capacitors, it is actually various series and
parallel combinations tied together very efficiently as a MMC and this of
course gets the voltage and current ratings up and the wanted capacitance
level.

I agree, probably the cheapest route, would be these ceramic transmitting
Soviet caps currently.

Unfortunately, you have to be patient I will admit to get good larger mica
caps.
An example is most of these are overpriced on eBay by sellers and some of
these just sit at these prices and never sell. But bargains do come by...
when you see this do not hesitate... buy... before I do :⁠-⁠D:⁠-⁠D:⁠-⁠D
Actually, over the years I have now stock piled a lot of them and I am good
for any projects the rest of the time I have left on this big rock of ours.
So I do notice them, but I do pass now...but do notice they are not around
long...
Sorry to some of you out there in a quite a few years going back looking
into them on eBay at times possibly but then they we gone...it might have
been me :⁠^⁠)
And over the years Hamfests are a great place to get them just sometimes.
Saying, sometimes, because now I have noticed not seeing the larger ones
much anymore.

And I agree with you Calvin on the grid leak, I forgot to comment on this
on my previous post.

And for all, when I mentioned previously about sizing micas properly for
applied plate voltage, I do mean the same as Calvin says and always use a
higher voltage. Like him I can not give exact numbers and everyone makes
their choice here, just the same as caps and MMC caps voltages on SGTC's.
More is always better, but costs and budgets get in the way, so many
comprise here and well it may work or not for long.
And I feel if one is running way out of tune at higher powers, not knowing
it, for long periods is harmful to well several, several things.

Chris Reeland
Ladd Illinois USA

Sent from my Lenovo Tablet