[Home][2023 Index] [TCML] Re: Round disks of insulating material [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Re: Round disks of insulating material

 I have always used dark gray PVC sheet for my bases and everything LV (non secondary). For the disc, I place it with a locked-in pivot point on my table saw surface, and simply rotate the sheet 360 degrees, while progressively raising the table saw blade with each revolution until cut through. Makes a mess on the floor, but pretty much any size of disc can be made concentric to the pivot hole (for smaller coils of course). Never had a flashover with the gray PVC sheets for the primary base. Supporting radial supports can be easily glued in place with PVC glue, and if done properly, will not come apart (I use gussets to ensure that). I will even drill and tap the holes for bolts or screws that must be used (generally I've had great success with that as long as the PVC thickness is at least one bolt/screw width dimension, deep (1/4" screw threaded into 1/4" PVC works quite well with no need to over-torque). I now use it for all supporting structures (RSG support, Capacitor support, base structure, etc).