[Home][2022 Index] [TCML] Re: Spark gap noise reduction [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Re: Spark gap noise reduction

In my experience, assuming the Tesla coil is properly tuned and running
well, the thing that makes the loudest noise is the sparks coming from the
topload.  The longer they are, the louder they are - that's just the nature
of the beast.  If your spark gap is the loudest thing, I think some
adjustments are in order.  Tesla coils are going to be loud, and for any
well-performing coil operating indoors, hearing protection is recommended.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA