[Home][2021 Index] [TCML] Re: Terry/lowpass filter design, OBIT [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Re: Terry/lowpass filter design, OBIT

HI Joshua,

Your grounding configuration, using just the RF ground to your secondary
base and NST case, is correct.  But I'm not sure it meets safety code, as
should there be a power mains fault where your mains hot lead somehow
shorted too your NST case, there would be no tripped breaker, and your NST
case and entire coil would be at a lethal mains potential relative to mains
ground.  I don't think there is any way to resolve this, short of just
considering EVERY part of a plugged-in coil to be at a lethal potential.  I
have my Variac case connected to mains ground, nothing else.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA