[Home][2020 Index] Re: [TCML] "Modern" Spark Gap Designs? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] "Modern" Spark Gap Designs?

I use a 6” diameter x 1’ long piece of white sch40 PVC.
The spark gap is 4 pieces of 1” copper tubing x 6” long and it has a fan to ensure quenching.
As long as you leave it alone after configuring, it stays pretty stable, but it does get insanely brittle to where you need a hot filament to cut it or it will splinter. (yes I found out the hard way)