[Home][2020 Index] [TCML] "Modern" Spark Gap Designs? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] "Modern" Spark Gap Designs?

Hello Tesla List!
I am starting to work on my next spark gap for a 6-10 KVA magnifier. It
seems the definitive spark gap design is that from Richard Hull/TCBOR using
a rotary gap (to control timing only) combined with a multiple break series
gap (to control quench only). Is there a better approach for gap design and
construction?

Currently my plan is to use a 3.5 HP DC motor to spin a G10 disk with
tungsten electrodes and combine it with the PVC + copper tubes + fan series
gap.

Thanks,
~Dan
Kansas City area