[Home][2019 Index] Re: [TCML] Powering SGTC. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Powering SGTC.

I like & do this for many reasons. Spark gap across transformer Capacitors
OR MMC on each side 2 that are about the same in series with each side of
the primary. I use a RSPG but will also work fine with a static gap too. be
sure you have enough turns of wire to block anything going back to your
NSTs. this is where my wires are longer 10 feet from the 3 NST to spark gap
then you should have as short as possible.& low resistance, inductance to
your circuit from spark gap to cap or caps to primary i use 14 copper tube
or ground strap about 3/4 inch wide. 1.250 by .031 Ribbon for my primary
14.5 by 23.5 about 11 turns you also need a GOOD GROUND just for your
secondary end RF high voltage only  & safety gap. use another ground for
the rest not the RF. I use a 8 foot long 5/8 diameter copper clad in the
dirt about 15 feet away. your primary coupling & design are very important
to success..