Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 2:29 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Powering SGTC.

OK… lil footnote for the newbies…

Keep the spark gap as close to the MMC and the primary as possible, especially when the high voltage power supply is a few meters away.
Reason being is the spark gap sets the frequency for the primary.
A wire produces higher resistance at higher frequencies and the longer the wire between the spark gap and the primary, is like putting a huge resistor in the line.

Getting stumped by stupid things like this is the reciprocal of no sleep and and multiple halloween props to repair.