[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Pole Pig Transportation [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Pole Pig Transportation

David S,

2000 lbs. for a 50 kVA unit and 1200 lbs. (and 5 ft. tall!) for 25 kVA unit? I’d say that your version of transformers are WAY oversized versus their power rating! My 25 kVA pole pig unit states on the label 400 # and it is nowhere near 5 ft. tall, including the 14.4 kV rated hv bushing terminals. Most 50 kVA units that I am familiar with are in the 500 to 650 # range and only piggies in the 100 kVA category typically tip the scales around the 1000# mark. Most pole pig coilers try to procure 10 or 15 kVA rated units, which often tip the scales at under 300#. Depending on the the tank design and size, the relatively tiny 5 kVA units sometimes come in under 200 #.

David (Rieben)

Sent from my iPhone