Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2018 4:08 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] VDG

Doug,

    You must move some sort of ground, When a VDG strikes you can get
very large currents flowing especially in the loop of the discharge.
Ideally I would have a separate earth and not depend on the mains
wiring, else you can get spikes into other connected electrical powered
devices.

It is also important that the discharge cannot not make a connection to
the supply, otherwise you may have a long spark backed by mains current.
An earthed box covering the mains powered items is vital to prevent this.

Derek