[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] 833A vacuum tube filament current [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] 833A vacuum tube filament current

Limiting the inrush current to anything that heats up seems like a good idea.  Most damage to paleolithic (incandescent) light bulbs occurs during the current inrush period.  (Did you know that the life of an incandescent bulb is inversely proportional to the thirteenth power of the applied voltage?  A sobering thought.)  Besides, if anyone knows what they are doing, it's Machlett.

How about a big varistor?

--- Carl