[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Back again....and Tesla Magnifier Tuning [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Back again....and Tesla Magnifier Tuning

Hi David,

Magnifiers are indeed triple-resonance devices. The capacitive loading of the relatively long feed-line (from driver to third coil), differences in geometry and self-resonant frequencies of the driver and tertiary windings, and lack of mutual-inductive coupling (in most magnifier setups) between driver and third coil cause its transient behavior to be markedly different than a 2-coil system. The primary, driver, and secondary can all store and exchange portions of the total system energy.

Richard Hull's write-ups and the TCBOR magnifier experiments were conducted long before Antonio's theoretical analyses became available. Previously, there were no accurate models or theories that worked for magnifiers. Magnifier designs were mostly by seat of the pants, trial and error, and hard-won experience even 100 years after Tesla blazed the trail...

Bert

David wrote:
The fundamental question I had when trying to get a grip on Magnifiers, is. Are Maggies triple resonate or double resonate. By looking at Antonio's write up it would seem to be a triple resonate device, but reading Richard Hull's paper it would seem to be double res. system. From what I can gather, Tesla him self didn't seem to be concerned with capacitance of his secondary. which would imply to me that his primary and secondary was just a single resonate pulse transformer that fed a highly resonate extra-coil.

David