[Home][2017 Index] Re: [TCML] LTSpice+Encrypted lib/models [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] LTSpice+Encrypted lib/models

Hi Matt,

I typically do not bother to use actual transistor models unless im
specifically focusing on the non-ideal aspects of the circuit (switching
loss, conduction loss, propagation delays...).  It's much simpler to just
use the "SW" (voltage controlled switch) along with an ideal freewheeling
diode to represent an IGBT or MOSFET.  This can speed up simulation time,
as well, which becomes important in some cases.  Of course, it all depends
on what aspects of a circuit you are interested in, i almost always make
simplifications somewhere or another to save my time constructing a
simulation and running it. Occasionally i do model all the parasitics, in
which case it can take minutes just to crank out a few uS of simulation!

Anyway, glad you're moving on to better things beyond being stuck on
getting the tool to work :-).