[Home][2017 Index] Re: [TCML] First coil [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] First coil

Ha! LOL.Mine works fine with a 6' copper ground rod that's located on an inconspicuous location, with a 1/4 turn brass welding cable quick connect.
I may try with just aluminum foil, and see if I can tell a difference. 4" welded wire mesh can be purchased in flat sheets, which solves the need to place bricks to hold down a rolled up mesh, but where to store them.?

From: jimlux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
 Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 9:12 PM
 Subject: Re: [TCML] First coil

On 8/11/17 5:16 PM, Yurtle Turtle via Tesla wrote:
> I was merely suggesting a way of having a permanent installation, rather than having to unroll multiple rolls of hardware cloth or chicken wire, that will not want to stay flat. I don't live 100 meters from a salt marsh.

You don't live in a Salt Marsh? Or created one artificially,
specifically for running your tesla coil.  Seems kind of like slacking
off<grin>

Yeah, I think for a permanent installation (e.g. roll it out on your
driveway), some sort of ground rod + radials might be a good and
relatively inconspicuous solution.

That's unless you're going to put wire mesh on your driveway, and lay
some top coat over the top so you can still drive on it.  Of course a
"true coiler" would just dedicate the driveway to coiling and cover it
with a layer of aluminum - and then build a coil that can live outside.