Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2014 9:34 PM
To: 'Tesla Coil Mailing List'
Subject: Re: [TCML] wireless tuned lamps

My only thought is that thin glass tubes are not that strong for lateral
stress and if you put a big mass at the end of a long one, someone waving it
around might cause it to break.

The fracture will be at the point of greatest stress - IE: where their hands
are holding it as they wave it around. I doubt that plastic wrap would stop
shards of glass from causing a wound.

And they will wave it around despite what you tell them.

I would 'guesstimate' the weight of the resonant circuit and put the same
mass on the end of a tube and try it yourself (attired with requisite safety
apparel).

Besides, where is your voltage gradient? Your resonant circuit will have two
poles. Are you planning to run a shielded line down the tube and connect it
to the other end of the tube?

Dave