Re: [TCML] Treadmill Motor Question

Hi Peter, Joe, all,

My treadmill motor for my Green Monster system is rated at 130 VDC, I believe, and the addition of the electrolytic cap was only an afterthought and probably unnecessary. As far as my FWB brick, I've never had trouble with mine frying. I'm thinking there are likely a couple of reasons. First, my FWB is rated @ 1 kV and 50 amps, which gives me some ample headroom on both voltage and amperage. Second, and probably most importantly, in addition to ample EMI filtering, I run the AC supply line from my control panel to the RSG motor via aluminum covered 14-2 Romex, with the outer aluminum shield tied to mains ground.

David Rieben