Re: [TCML] Treadmill Motor Question

Question for the list experts. If one were to employ a DC rsg motor with full wave rectification, are filter caps needed? Is the ripple any worse than pulsed AC from an inverter or pulsed DC from a cheap SCR speed controller?

Response: I had trouble with a DC rectifier on my rotary buring out until I placed MOV's across the input and output lines. The DC supply is close to the rotary motor but in an aluminum box which needs to be grounded to RF ground.
Jim Zimmerschied