[TCML] Good salutations!

Hello Jake,

Welcome to the world of Tesla Coils!
DRSSTCs are very exciting and building one and having it create lightning is extremely rewarding.

Eastern Voltage Research provides sponsorship to select students, so if you need anything, please us know and we can help you
along with your project.  If interested, please contact us through the website below.

To answer your question, I always recommend that beginners simply concentrate on the coil electronics themselves and use a primary / secondary / toroid sizing that has already been done.

Good luck with your project!

EVR
http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com

Hello my name is Jake and I just became part of an electronics club at my school. I've taken things apart and have an 'ok' background in electronics.
I've been looking around Steve's website along with Eric Goodchilds site and I've decided to make a DRSSTC, I have ordered parts for Steve's UD 2.1 rev b board and i will soon start to make it. I ran into a problem and i would love your guys' help/direction in calculating the specs that the coil should be. At first I would like to use a half bridge of kd221k05's but then make a very decent size coil with a possible full bridge of fz800r12kl4 IGBT modules. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you guys!