[TCML] Construction Query - Use of Metal Fixing

Hey guys

I have a question regarding how I've constructed my TC framework. I made a
conical shaped stub of wood, which sits in the middle of my primary coil,
providing a non-permanent but pretty solid base for my secondary (PVC
tube). Take a look at it here:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/338/img20130113184500.jpg/

My PVC tubing basically just goes around the outside of the middle stub,
and once I've pushed it down flush with the base wood platform it is a good
firm holder. My question concerns how I've fixed the stub to the wooden
base; I've just screwed it down from the underside, with a metal screw, as
you can see here:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/img20130113190413.jpg/

I'm wondering if I should have either just glued it, or used a nylon
fixing. I can't see why metal would be a problem, but I wanted to check it
just in case - after all it is in the middle of the primary and so will be
subjected to large magnetic fields. What do you guys think? Is this even an
issue?

Cheers

Mike