[TCML] SSTC secondary power output higher than primary power input...?

Right, so I've succeeded in measuring the current out of the secondary, giving me between 140mA (initial build) and 170mA (tweaked primary coil). For a 48kOhm secondary reactance, that means secondary voltage output due to resonant rise should be about 8.3kV (48kOhm * .170mA). That seems reasonable given the streamers I'm getting.

However, I'm driving the primary circuit with a power supply that's set to hard-limit current at 2A, which means the primary is only getting about 18V DC. Now, 18V * 2A = 36W in to the primary.

On the other hand, 8.3kV * 170mA means 1400W sloshing about in the secondary circuit...

Where'd I go wrong with my calculations?

Or are they right and it's just a matter of 1400W (or the appropriate number of joules anyway) being 'stored up' in the secondary over some period of time... though I can't imagine that being the case given that I'm measuring current out of the secondary into ground.